A powerful message about knowing, trusting, and believing in yourself.
At The Inn in Rhode Island, afternoons are reserved for soothing cups of tea while relaxing on one of the porch rockers. You’re welcome to take an easy stroll among the many aesthetic gardens. If reading is your pleasure and the owner sure hopes it is, the library offers an array of books, a comfortable sofa and two wingback chairs on each side of the fireplace. From garden tours in the spring to author events in the fall, you’ll be glad you stayed at the inn, especially for dinner. Chef Michael is passionate about food.
During the golden hour, Julie and Dan Holliday will renew their vows. The wedding will take place at The Inn in Rhode Island on what promises to be a magical evening surrounded by close friends, colleagues, gorgeous flowers, delicious food and a wedding cake baked by the bride’s best friend.
Judy Prescott Marshall is a multi-award-winning writer. Sher earned her certificate Write Your First Novel from Michigan State University. She writes women’s contemporary fiction.
Give a big welcome to Judy Prescott Marshall. Tell us, Judy, what was your inspiration for this book?
- Real women facing life’s many challenges.
That is great. Most women could identify with that. If your book was sitting on a shelf in a brick and mortar bookstore like Barnes & Noble, where would we find it?
- Women’s contemporary fiction
Is this your first book or do you have other books? Are they in the same genre?
- Both books are in the same genre. STILL CRAZY released March 2022.
Do you have a brand. For example, my brand is Mother-Daughter Women’s Fiction.
- Mine are also Women’s Fiction, but I’d call my brand “Later-in-Life Fiction”
Interesting. I like that everyone is not writing about the 20/30 something crowd. How long have you been writing?
- In 2019 I wrote a little book on inspiration. 2020 I released my debut novel.
I find it so interesting how we all ended up writing from such different starts. Your cover is lovely. Did you design it yourself or have a cover designer?
- I design my own book covers and have a professional put it all together for me.
What avenue did you go to get published? Traditional, hybrid, Indie or a small independent press?
- I am Self published and a proud Indie Author!!
What do you like BEST about writing or being an author?
* All of it! Seriously, I enjoy the creating, writing, advertising, marketing and getting to know other writers.
I wish I could say the same. I hate the marketing. Is there anything then you would say would fall in the “least” category?
- Not having enough time in the day to do all that needs to be done.
We all need more than 24 hour days, don’t we. How do you market your books?
- Advertising on Facebook. Sharing the book on all of my social media, in my newsletter, blog, with my book clubs and my street team.
If you were to give advice to a new author looking to get published; what would you say ?
- Create your platform FIRST!
Well, that could be another whole blog post. Platforms are very confusing to new authors.
Below is a list of where you can purchase Judy’s books.
Thank you Judy, for being on Writing Under Fire.
Other Buy Links: i.e Amazon Author Page, Goodreads, etc. Judy Prescott Marshall